Power Distribution Control System
The Power Distribution Control System (PDCS) provides a first level of supervision and control for the power distribution systems like HV, MV and LV switchgears, transformers, UPSs, … in an electrical substation. This control system is usually based upon a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) system.
The Power Distribution Control System (PDCS) as a system in control level will communicate with devices in field level and management level to achieve following functionality:
- Data gathering from the field level devices via hardwire and types of serial protocols like Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, IEC61850, Profibus, Profinet, … . Status, alarm and fault, measuring from circuit breakers, protection relays, transducers, multimeters, … are such data.
- Monitoring of Power Distribution System on Display unit.
- Remote control of circuit breakers by command signals.
- Automatic Transfer Sequence for incoming and bus tie circuit breakers
- Load shedding
- Load sharing
- Event recording and Alarming
- Data Logging
EKP has experience for 10 years in providing design, engineering, supply, construct, wire, test and commissioning services for large scale, continuous process, oil & gas, petroleum, refinery, and petrochemical plant projects.
Siemens Power Industry
Power Management System
The Power Management System (PMS) provides a first level of supervision and control of power generation and distribution systems and has interface with the Generators, High, Medium and Low voltage switchgears, UPSs and DC systems and data communication with other control systems.
The Power Management System (PMS) as a system in control level will communicate with other level and management level to achieve following functionality:
- Power generator control
- Electrical Distribution control
- Synchronizing control
- Load Shedding
- Event and transient recording
- Communication networks
- Interfaces to other systems equipment
- Time synchronization
EKP has responsibility for applying a professional engineering methodology to the design, fabrication, testing, documentation and preparation for shipment of the PDCS.